Today's mushroom recipe is a personal favorite of mine. It's quick, simple, and insanely delicious. What more could you ask for? You can dress the recipe up as much or little as you like. I'm sharing a very simple recipe but to enhance the taste I'd recommend a base of shaved parmesan and a drizzle of truffle oil. Trust me, you're guests won't know what hit them!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound mix wild mushrooms halved (crimini, oyster, chanterelle, shiitake, button, enoki)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley
- French baguette
- Clean and throughly dry mushrooms.
- Slice baguette and brush with olive oil. Toast until golden brown.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté for approximately five minutes until the mushrooms release their juices. If you like a less firm mushroom cook a bit longer.
- Add minced garlic, sautéing until fragrant. About 30 seconds.
- Stir in heavy cream, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste and cook for two-three additional minutes.
- Serve mushrooms & juices over baguette with optional truffle oil and parmesan shavings.