If I had to choose one cookie to eat for the rest of my life, I would choose these insanely delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They are by far the best I have ever eaten, and I am an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie connoisseur. Each bite provides you with a deep, rich flavor that is exploding with chocolate chip goodness. The oatmeal adds a healthy ingredient and provides the perfect texture that really makes these cookies pop. If you like a cookie that is slightly crispy, while still having a soft chewy center this is the cookie for you! It's the best! They are super easy to make and result in a delicious finished cookie.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Adapted From Mad Hungry
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butted, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chops
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat over to 375˚ and grease large rimmed baking sheet with butter.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, egg, sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Add flour to the butter mixture gently stirring until combined.
- Lastly, stir in oats, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes.
- Place teaspoon size cookies onto baking sheet, spacing the dough about 1 inch apart. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.