With the 4th of July coming up this weekend, I'm sure quite a few of you lovely readers will be either hosting or attending an Independence Day gathering. Since we'd all rather be basking in the sun than spending time in the kitchen, I figured there was no better time than now to share this easy, delicious mediterranean chickpea salad of mine. It's always a crowd pleaser and takes a little less than 10 minutes to throw together. Win win, right? Another great thing about this recipe is that you can easily sub out ingredients you don't have on hand for whatever you have lying around. A few of my favorite addition ingredients are kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
So tell me, what are you guys planning on pulling together for your 4th of July celebrations? If you are in the mood for something sweet I recommend something with an ice cream base like these brownie ice cream sandwiches or a reese's ice cream pie!
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 12 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juicer
- 2 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep all ingredients
- Combine chickpeas, parsley, roasted red pepers, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, basil, olives, feta, and lemon.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over chickpea mixture.
- Gently stir together, incorporating all ingredients together. Store in fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!