Bacon Breakfast Hash Recipe
One of my favorite breakfast is corn beef hash. Sometimes I think I only make corn beef for dinner purely for the left overs. Since time isn't always on my side I decided that I needed a quicker breakfast hash option. My quick fix has become bacon hash with fresh chives, While nothing will ever replace my obsession with corn beef hash, this bacon hash comes very close!
5-6 small potatoes
1 large onion
1 lb bacon
s&p to taste
2 tbsp butter
- Cook bacon in oven by placing bacon strips on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Place bacon into a cold oven and set to 400°. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil peeled potatoes until cooked through. Remove from cooking water and let sit until manageable.
- While the potatoes are cooling finely chop onion. Once cooled, chop bacon and potatoes into a rough dice.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat. Combine the potatoes and onions in hot skillet. Let sit for a few minutes while hash begins to crisp, occasionally flipping to brown all sides.
- As hash starts to develop a golden brown color add in bacon, s&p, and chopped parsley. Continue cooking until deep golden brown in color. Remove from skillet and top with chives.