My boyfriend loves sweets, but uses all of his will power to eat healthy. As the holidays roll around that isn't always so easy. In an attempt to ease his healthy eating concerns I came up with a whole wheat pumpkin bread recipe. It is a great sweet treat to utilize whole wheat flour due to its already dense texture,.
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and flour loaf pans
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.
- In another bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Bake for 1 hour
- Enjoy with whipped cream and chocolate chips!